2/07/2010

Almost No Rain on Sunday :)

What a happy Sunday!

I slept very late last night but thanks God for He woke me up early in the morning, about almost six a.m. I had time then to do quiet time, to take a bath then to go to church on time. Unfortunately, I couldn't have rice and chicken as my breakfast because they needed few times to finish while I had to come on time to church. That was 7.36 a.m when I got to the canteen, church will be at 8.00 a.m and I didn't think I'd make it on time if I had them as my breakfast. that's why I only ordered three doughnuts to fill my stomach until I went back from church and had enough time to eat breakfast and at the same time, had lunch.

I had some problems actually before coming to church. My struggle, my bad thoughts, even my friend made me hard to focus. Even when I was crossing the road, the message my friend sent me keep coming to my mind. I didn't know what to reply that's why I didn't reply. Not replying it was and is the best way, I think. But slowly the situation of my mind changed when I arrived at the church, hearing song that I didn't know the title. That song had fast beat, made me clap my hands. Well, my mind didn't fully focus still, but that was just better than not focusing.

Then the preaching time came and the Preacher was the man I love to hear his, Pdt. M. Hutagalung. The passage was from Genesis 50 : 15-21, about Joseph who comforted his worried brothers after the death of their father, Jacob. Pdt. Hutagalung told us about how Joseph could forget what his brothers did to him before. He said Joseph was one of men whom God blessed and who always walked in the path God pointed. Inside himself, there are criteria for the winner. Now I wanna tell you the winner criteria Joseph has :

1. He forgot bad things happened in the past.
He didn't live remembering what his brothers had done to him, what his master, Potifar and wife did. He just went forward toward God's plan, leaving the bad marks behind without looking back. Well, we, errhm, I can't. I hardly forget bad things happened to me. And it happened because Satan always reminded me and taraaaaa, we easily fell into those memories then we became sad because of it. Winners had to win over their bad memories!! Fight!

2. He didn't have any revenge to anybody who hurt him and just forgave.
Joseph's life wasn't easy at the beginning. He's deeply loved by his father and it made his other brothers jealous to him, even angry when Joseph said they would bend their knees in front of him someday according to his dream. His brothers threw him into the wells, sold him that made him live in Egypt. He then worked for Potifar,became his confidant but because Potifar's wife lie, Joseph had to be prisoned. There, he didn't cry or remember all faults they've made to him. Even, in the Genesis 50: 19 he said : But Joseph said to them, “Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God?" when his brothers begged him sorry and bent their knees in front of him.
How hard those things to be done. I myself even admit that I still have revenge to those who are at fault at me. Never pass in my mind before that forgiving and forgetting may be two of a winner's criteria. Well, that opens my mind, makes me learn to just forgive and forget.

3. He wasn't proud or arrogant with what he's given and got.
Blessed by God in every time, every situation, every where and loved and trusted by Firaun didn't make Joseph proud. He did like common people did. When her brothers came, he didn't show them proudly what he had. He was willing to share with them. He even rarely asked, God gave him. He knew everything he got came from God.
As human who lives now, I admit I often brag about what I have to people. perhaps, they don't realize because I try to talk without an arrogant tone. Sometimes, I don't realize everything I have is from God. I stupidly boast what I've got to my friends, to my enemies to make them jealous. Like I don't know all I have is because of God's will.

4. He only stayed and lived according to God's plan.
Joseph was ever attempted by Potifar's wife to have an affair with her. He was asked twice, but he never accepted. Imagine how his life could be if he followed Potifar's wife saying? His life might not be as blessed as he ever had. Like Saul, who left God and so did Simpson, they firstly lived a life according to God's will but finally they got out of God's plan who led them to tragic life. Joseph was different, with all temptation and suffering he lived, he was still loyal and followed God's plan. That's why He won many things!
this is the most important part for me. recently, I happen to think that I am not able to follow God's will. I always felt something wrong, I thought I should be against Him because the path He chose for me wasn't proper. Hearing this preach makes me realize
what I was going to do is wrong. He chooses me to be like this, here in this place, then it just should happen. I will forget all my sadness and lonesome because of my stupid want to fight Him because I'll never win. But when I stay and live according to His plan, I'll surely win.

last but not least
5. He was never afraid.
He was thrown into the wells. As we all know, wells is very dark inside. Joseph was young at that time but he was never scared. He didn't even cry (Joseph only cried three times : when he met his brothers after long time he didn't, when his father died, and when he saw his brothers begged sorry from him). when he was prisoned, he was also not scared. He kept believing in God, had faith on Him. That's the his key for being brave.
I really want to laugh at myself. I often feel scared whenever problems come, whether it's just small or big. I also can say that I firstly cry over the problems then look for the solution. Being afraid and crying won't solve any problem actually, and now I promise I will learn to ALWAYS try solving problem rather than crying over it. I want to be a winner in His eyes, then I shouldn't be an afraidoooo.


That preaching has opened my mind as well as brightened my firstly blue Sunday. I promise myself after going out of the church, I will leave all bad memories I still think, forgive him or her who hurt me, feel I have nothing to be proud of because these things I have is from God, only stay and live according to God's plan, and never be afraid. and now, I'm not burdened anymore. I can smile to everyone, included my friend whom I have a little problem with. heheheh.I want to be like Joseph who win over struggle, thoughts, temptation, even himself. How about you? Do you? I gladly wish so. ^^

Ohhhh, what a happy day this Sunday is. ;)

Photobucket

picture from graphicshunt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment