5/13/2009

Yumi Shizukusa -Go Your Own Way


Well, this is my second post this day. My sister tells me that I'm crazy because I like to post more than one things in one day.But I don't agree much. We just don't know other people who do the same thing as I do, right?

Okay, now I'll be getting serious.
I accidentally find a song from Original Soundtrack of Detective Conan, sung by Yumi Shizukusa. If you hear the beginning of this song, you won't think that this is a Japanese song. Because it's more like Barbie ost or girl-cartoons song. This is quite R&B-ish but more like ordinary pop, I think. But one thing that makes this song be really interesting for me is the vocal of Yumi herself. She has a very unique voice, and I think her vocal is quite similar with Mandy Moore, especially when she does some 'oooo' or whatever. The melancholic voice seems suitable with the beat of this song. I love the chorus, when she sings 'Dakishime...' and a part when only music appears and her voice comes out slowly. ouuu, this song really drives me to the imaginary world through the sad atmosphere of this song.
Since then, I decide to put Yumi as one of my favorite Japanese female singer in the second position after Mai Kuraki. For your information, Yumi also stands in the same flag of management and major label as Mai Kuraki, Being Giza management and Northern music. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment